To Begin With
- London is the capital and most populous city of England.
- The City of London is one specific area, but the term “London” generally tends to also include the metropolitan areas surrounding the City.
- As of 2016, Greater London had a population of 8.78 million.
- Time Zone is GMT (5 hours ahead of EST for anyone in Maine reading)
- The United Kingdom is comprised of Northern Ireland and Great Britain, which is comprised of Scotland, Wales, and England.
The United Kingdom has its own national flag, known as the Union Jack, while England has its own civil and state flag.
The London Underground, or the Tube, is the metro system. Oyster Cards are the tickets, functioning similar to Charlie Cards (MBTA).
I am sure I will have more to say on this once I’m actually there and living it!